Tomorrow is Bengali new year or Poila Baisakh. Start of new year,new hopes. I have never been too excited about the end or beginning of new years. New year resolutions,etc never did bother me. I was head strong from Day 1 may be. Something could hit me anywhere & anytime & I would just follow my heart wherever it will take me(Like today). Though in most of the cases it would be my brain I would follow or thats what I chose to believe but accidentally, the most important decisions of my life has been taken by my heart! From falling in love with the type of boy I thought I hated to ending up marrying him,I did let me heart lead the way!!Now,coming to why ranting here,my late grandfather or dadai as I called him, introduced me to writing diary & eversince it has been my way of letting out! From the pains my tiny life has seen,the scars my little heart bears,diary has been my only support. Well,to tell the truth, I have many diaries...One little nice hardbound,nice looking tiny book....Another professional looking folder...one or two blogs...Yeah,i write a lot & I get bored of same stuff, so I write at different places!! Today,as I was browsing as what to cook tomorrow this idea stuck me...that I can take up a cooking challenge...something like "Julie & Julia"!! Just FYI, I'm a novice at cooking & truth be told, I dont like kitchen at all,never did!! Bapi as I call my dear old man, always used to be worried whenevr Ma would lead me to kitchen as I was a clumsy kind & terribly naughty,so chances were I would spill & burn some part of me or ma!! And then,above all, bapi believed that the world of kitchen is not for me,I was supposed to & I was kept far far away from household chores. I ended up hating the kitchen. But as I stepped into the world,I had to start cooking & being a Bong,you cannot really let go of your foodie streak. So,here I am,trying to cook & trying to feed my foodie husband!! I ran up my poor husband for my ingredients to the market twice,now lets see what I muster up tomorrow!! All the luck to me!!:) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment